If you see blinking LED lights on your device, then it is still in a mode of Netgear extender setup. When your lights are stable, then only you can proceed with anything else.
If your device is configured properly, then security of it is least important. Are you aware of extra smart feature that your device owns? A powerful inbuilt firewall that is not that is supposed to get enabled a long time before.
Well, a firewall security protects you from unauthorized attack caused by mysterious people and cybercriminals that are always in a chance to enter in your home network and steal all the private and confidential data.
Note: During the installation and setup process, we recommend our users to disable public WiFi and only enable your personal one and:
- Also, place it near to router and away from doors, windows, metal walls, reflection of mirrors, Bluetooth devices, electronic gadgets/ toys, treadmill, baby monitors, microwave, cordless phones, etc.
- Moreover, place your router and the range extender at a higher neat, clean, and dry shelf.
- Once done, connect them physically and properly with each other.
- After that, open a web browser and into the URL field type net.
- Hit enter. Onto the displayed page fill the default username and password and Log In.
- When the home page of Netgear Genie appears, follow the on-screen instructions and don’t stop until and unless it asks you to click on ‘Finish’ to complete the setup process.
Note: You can also type 192.168.1.250 or simple mywifiext in case the above-mentioned URL won’t take you to the setup page.
- Use the latest and updated Netgear extender firmware. Also, use the same for your main router and the existing modem as well.
- Never let your devices be overloaded with malicious files and malware. This allows the device to produce heat.
Now, we are taking a glance to show you how to enable the Network firewall
What does the term firewall mean and why should we suppose to turn it on?
The term firewall is defined as the digital equivalent of a traffic cop that secures your network boundaries from unknown or anonymous people. In today’s modern era, technology offers two types of latest firewall to users that is the software based and the hardware based.
A hardware-based firewall is a unit that is connected between the network and the WiFi-enabled device to connect to the internet. A software-based firewall is a program that is installed on the computer with a secured internet connection.
Moreover, the network firewall is well-known as preventing the attacks that are Internet-borne port based. Alternatively, it prevents the infection (virus) inside your computer system, which is being trapped and infected a lot by malicious traffic and neighboring WiFi devices.
Interact with our technical department at toll-free number 1-844-697-8376 to check if your device has the feature of inbuilt firewall or not.
Configure and Enable the Feature of inbuilt Firewall on your Wireless Device
Now, onto the mywifiext.net setup page look for SPI Firewall or something similar to it. After that, you will see in front of your home screen – a button that is named as “enable”. Hit the button and save the settings by clicking on “apply”.
Here, you have to show little more patience as your device is going to reboot. Don’t worry; it is just because you have applied the setting to enable a firewall security to protect your network and WiFi devices.
Once you have enabled the settings, you are supposed to configure it and add the rules of firewall in order to control the settings of security related to your internet.
We hope that you have successfully completed with the entire aforementioned steps related to your Netgear extender setup and enabling firewall security? If you need any assistance, then don’t forget that our tech support team is always ready to help you. Simply give us a call and leave everything on us. We are the service provider for Netgear that feels a great honor to help users.