Netgear WN3000RPv3 range extender – helps you to increase and improve the existing wireless range of your office or home network.
It delivers the WiFi speed more than 300Mbps with given external antennas to give better wireless coverage all over.
It is a simple plug and play device, acquires less space, and connect easily with any wireless router.
In addition, it offers great connectivity that a user wishes for their smart TV, tablets, laptop, Amazon Alexa, computers, and your other wired and wireless devices.
With the help of Netgear WN3000RPv3 range extender, a user can roam freely throughout their home without losing the internet connectivity.
Before you start with the Netgear extender setup process, make sure of the following things:
- Use the latest firmware of router and the modem.
- Ensure that both the mentioned device are placed openly at a clean and high place.
- Clear all the cache, cookies, and malicious files from PC or laptop.
- Keep a set of Ethernet cable handy with you.
- Place your Netgear WN3000RPv3 range extender away from microwave, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, electronic gadgets, metal appliances, dishwasher, treadmill, automatic door alarms, reflection of mirror, and public WiFi.
Netgear Extender Setup Through WPS Method
- Place your Netgear WN3000RPv3 WiFi range extender in the same room as the main WiFi Router.
- Also, ensure that you have a live and active internet connection coming from your existing WiFi router.
- Conversely, ensure that that your main router is WPS (WiFi-Protected Setup) capable.
Note: WiFi-Protected Setup does not support Wired Equivalent Privacy security. You are supposed to change the security of your existing WiFi router to WPA2-PSK (AES) for best WiFi performance.
- Plug your smart wireless range extender into an electrical power source. Wait for the Power LED light on your device to become solid. If it does not, push the power button on the side panel of your device once.
- Press the WPS button on your range extender. Hold it for a short while. When the WPS LED light on your Netgear device start blinking, release the button.
- After a couple of minutes, press the WPS button on your main router as well.
The WPS light on your range extender will illuminate solid green. After a few seconds, the router link LED will turn solid green as well. This process will let you know that your Netgear WN3000RPv3 wireless range extender is connected to your main WiFi network successfully.
Now, you are free to move your range extender as per your preference. But make sure that it is placed away from interference-creating objects mentioned above.
Installation of Netgear WiFi range extender via mywifiext
- With the help of an Ethernet cable, connect your laptop or desktop to the Netgear WN3000RPv3 range extender.
- Open a web browser onto it.
- Type mywifiext.net or mywifiext.com in its URL bar. If you face mywifiext.net login issues, then make use of 192.168.1.250 to login and setup your device.
- Once you are in, type the default login credentials (username and password) into the given fields of mywifiext.net setup page.
- Log in and follow the on-screen instructions given on Netgear Genie. This will make the setup and installation of your device as easy as a pie.
If you are still facing issues in accessing mywifiext, then exit from the current browser and try to login from another.
Ensure that they aren’t any typos in the URL as well the default IP address of your device (192.168.1.250).
Also, make sure that your Netgear extender firmware is up-to-date.