Well, a Netgear WiFi range extender is used to extend the existing internet range coming out of the main wireless routers to the far corners of the house.
Note: Prior to the Netgear extender setup process make sure that Netgear extender firmware is up-to-date.
To configure and install a Netgear EX2700 WiFi Range Extender:
- Connect a desktop or laptop to the Netgear EX7000 wirelessly or with an Ethernet cable.
- Once connected both the devices are connected successfully, the LED lights on your Netgear device will start blinking.
- Pull up an internet browser and in its address bar type mywifiext.
- Hit ‘Enter”.
- Fill in the login details.
- When Netgear Genie home page displays, you have to click on ‘New Extender Setup’ option.
- Carefully, complete the ‘Extender Setup’ screen and hit on the ‘Next’ option.
- After that, select the ‘WiFi Range Extender’ option and then a WiFi network that range you wish to extend.
- Click on ‘next’ once done.
- Fill in your network key (password) here and click on ‘Next’.
- Finally, click on ‘Next’ to save the entire settings.
Congratulations! Your range extender is connected to the existing WiFi network successfully. Tap on ‘Next’ to proceed further.
Your Netgear EX7000 is now properly configured. You can now place your Netgear device to your desired location. But ensure that it is not placed away from your existing WiFi router.
Facing mywifiext.net login issues? Don’t worry, just leave everything on us. How are you supposed to do that? Probably by dialing a toll-free number 1-844-697-8376.
If you are facing issues in setting up your device, then reset it once. Sometimes, a small reset process can solve big issues.
There are two ways to do so. First is by pressing and the reset button and second is by using the GUI (web user interface).
Using The Factory Reset Button:
- Grab a thin object like paper clip or pin.
- Locate the reset hole on your Netgear EX7000 WiFi range extender.
- Hold the reset hole on your device gently for a few seconds. When you see that the LED lights on your device have started flashing, release the button.
- Now, wait for a couple of minutes for your device to reboot.
Using The Web GUI:
- Grab a laptop or a desktop.
- Connect it with your Netgear device physically and properly.
- Load up an internet browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome.
- Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar of the internet browser.
- On the mywifiext.net setup page, type a valid email and a secure password to continue. Once done, click on Log In.
Note: You can also use the default IP address of your Netgear ex2700 i.e. 192.168.1.250 to access mywifiext.net setup page.
- Now, on the Netgear Genie setup page, you have to click on the ‘Settings’ and after that, tap on ‘Other Settings’.
- Once done, click on ‘Reset’ and after that, hit ‘Yes’ to proceed.
- Wait for a few minutes for the web user interface (GUI) to finish the reset process.