The slow internet connection in today’s world of speed and technology is the most annoying thing ever. But if you stick with us, this problem would solve in a couple of minutes.
NETGEAR Extender Setup: Faster Internet Connection
Range extenders are well known for boosting up the range of existing WiFi network from door front to backyard of the house. For extender setup, you have to follow and implement the following.
- The range extender supposed to be unboxed in front of your existing and updated router.
- Remember that while plugging in your devices, the electricity should be in normal mode. In short, avoid high-voltage, low-voltage, and fluctuation. If you ignore this step, you are itself causing a big harm to your devices.
- Now, introduce your computer with the range extender and launch a web browser onto it. Make sure that your PC isn’t overloaded with large files, malware, cache, cookies, and browsing history. If it is, consider clearing all the junk files/ stuff at once.
- After applying the step 3, launch a web browser and type mywifiext into field of the address bar.
- Hope you have the default credentials for net login? If not, consider calling our experts on toll-free number 1-888-927-2661.
Note: Use the latest technology of NETGEAR Extender Firmware to get updates related to your device.
Top 3 tips for Boosting up your Internet Speed
Protect your WiFi
It would be a big thing to worry if you haven’t protected your WiFi with a strong password. This will let unidentified people to enter and access your network without your permission. Every smart WiFi device in today’s modern era comes with a password set as default by the manufacturer, maker or producer itself.
In that case, what you have to do, launch a web browser and type default IP address of your Netgear device into field of the address bar. After that, you are prompt to enter the default login series of username and password to the required fields of displayed page. Now, go to settings a set up a strong password of about 16 characters that would be difficult for anyone to detect.
Note: Do not change the default details of login credentials before the process of New Extender Setup. For more assistance regarding the same, call our tech support executives immediately.
Move your Router
There are lot many things in your house and neighborhood that impact the strength of WiFi broadband signals. So, consider placing your router on top of the bookshelf and away from the following obstruction.
- Microwaves, Owens, juicer, mixer grinder.
- Treadmills, Exercise benches.
- Baby monitor, electronic toys.
- Security alarms, automatic door openers.
- Walls, windows, garage, neighboring WiFi devices, reflection of mirrors, etc.
Maximize your speed by minimizing the strength of above-mentioned interference creating devices.
Clean up your Computer
There would be loads of applications on your networking device that could be making use of your internet without notifying you. Such applications consume background data and ruin your internet plan. If your computer is loaded from malicious files, there are chances that you face issues while logging in mywifiext.net. Moreover, have a look below that eats away your broadband speed.
- Windows updates and security scans.
- Media player, pop-ups from third-party websites.
- Instant chat applications, Skype, and online gaming tools.
To get rid of such issues, consider shutting down such services when not in use.
On the other hand, on your Windows computer press ALT+CTRL+DEL and bring up the task manager to see the list of the programs that are currently active and running. You can close the one you don’t want to run.
Note: Clearing the entire browsing history, cache, and cookies from your PC. After applying this process, consider shutting down your PC for 5 minutes.