NETGEAR Extender Firmware: Boost Your Extender’s Performance
In layman’s language, NETGEAR Extender Firmware is essentially an operating system particularly meant to run on your specific make and model number of the extender. Here, we are going to explain A-Z guide for upgrading the firmware version on your extender.
Why you should update the Firmware after NETGEAR Extender Setup?
Well, it is just a glimpse. Get ready to look into the big picture to know benefits that your device gets after firmware update.
- All bugs of your device will be found and corrected.
- Update features such as obsolete encryption modules.
- Add new security mechanisms that were absent in previous firmware version.
- Improve the overall performance of your range extender.
- Provides security fixes to keep the network protected.
- Comes with various new features.
Therefore, it is recommended to update the NETGEAR Extender Firmware whenever available and make the most of your WiFi repeater. Before proceeding with the firmware update process, you must know the model number of your device. To know how to check the make and model number of your specific range extender, contact our experts at toll-free 1-844-697-8376.
Firmware Update using mywifiext
Mywifiext is like a heart and soul of a NETGEAR Extender. Through this web address, you can set up your range extender and change the settings of an old device. On top of that, mywifiext.net even helps you update the firmware of your range repeater.
Some NETGEAR products can often check for new firmware and download it. On the other hand, you can check for new firmware and download that manually.
Different Methods to Update Firmware through mywifiext.com
- Manual Method
- Turn on your range extender.
- Keep in mind that the electrical outlet in which the extender is plugged in is damage-free.
- The WiFi booster must receive a steady and fluctuation-free power supply.
- Download the firmware version if available.
- Go to mywifiext.net setup page via a web browser.
- Upload the downloaded firmware file here.
Cheers! Your extender firmware has updated to the newest versions. Now you can start enjoying the new features, security updates and much more.
- Using Check Button
Another method to update the firmware using mywifiext.com web address is via check button. For this, you must access a fast and stable internet connection. Here are the detailed steps:
- Turn on the extender by plugging it into a wall socket.
- Take any smart device such as computer or laptop and access a high-speed internet connection on it.
- Pull up the desired internet browser.
- Navigate to mywifiext.com webpage.
- If the web address is not working, bring the default IP address into play.
- Log in to your account using a valid email ID.
- When the new dashboard or NETGEAR Genie wizard comes into view, hit firmware option.
- Complete the process by hitting check button.
Now your extender will reboot. So you have to wait for some time.
- Via NETGEAR Genie
NETGEAR Genie is an app compatible with almost all major platforms, including Windows, Mac, Android and iOS. It is very useful in updating NETGEAR Firmware. Consider the following instructions to get the job done:
- Open NETGEAR genie app and head over to settings.
- Sign in to the account properly.
- Click on firmware update option.
- In case there is any new update available, a message will pop up on the screen.
- Just click on that message.
- Hit yes to continue.
And you are done. The NETGEAR Extender Firmware has updated successfully. If you stuck at any step, feel free to call us at toll-free 1-844-697-8376 and fetch instant solutions from our proficient technicians.